Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm dreaming of a white...laundry.

I'm also dreaming that I can't hear the baby awake and 'talking' to himself in the nursery. Let's see what I can hash out before the talking turns into crying. So...laundry, I have the classic "1950's downstairs laundry that comes off the back of the house" scenario. It is currently unsheeted and unpainted and when you look up you can see the roof tiles. It is also known to flood when it rains like crazy.  It ain't pretty but I got me some plans.

I have visions of white subway tiles halfway up the walls (like my fab new bathroom...post pending) and big vintage hooks for the boys to hang sports bags and the like.  I want open shelving to house all manner of awesome laundry inspired decor and I need a storage cupboard to hide the ugly/necessary stuff. I also want some kind of fab pendant light...think wrought iron chandelier (vintage of course)! That's a lot on the wish list considering how small the room is and my need to maintain the existing double concrete tubs. I lay awake at night thinking of my dream laundry. That's right, getting up to do 2 feeds a night isn't enough to cut into valuable sleeping time, I mentally redecorate as well.

I have attached some images that my laundry day dreams are made of. Now all I have to do is convince my husband (cool blog name still pending) that this is the next 'urgent' reno project that needs to be tackled. I'll plant the seed...it almost always germinates eventually.

Still working on my 'house photos'. Its been a busy week full of school runs, visits, visitors and general Mum stuff but stay tuned!!!

Happy Saturday.











*Look at me...I'm totally blogging!

1 comment:

  1. May I suggest calling him the big guy? I think the key to this room is finding the right wash tub, then everything will work from there? I like the idea of having those glass frosted windows too! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete