Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tree house...

We're all excited. My Dad is coming to stay this week to build my boys a tree house for Christmas. We have a huge old mango tree in the back yard that is screaming out for a little boy Clubhouse. With 2 sons and 2 nephews it is a well loved, well climbed tree and about to become Boy Heaven.

I'm really excited.  I also think it's the greatest Christmas gift ever.  I'll be sure to keep you posted with lots of photos. Of course I am thinking ahead to 'decor'...think navy and white outdoor fabric, pirate flag, rope ladder etc. I swear boy decor is the most fun.


So this is more 'cubby' than 'tree' but I like the vintage twist.

In other non-news I have launched 'Operation Splash'. Basically Jack and I have decided we need a pool. Of course I know exactly what I want...it must be rectangular with a glass fence, sandstone edging and a grey timber deck. I'm currently being met with resistance in the form of 'pool cleaning and maintenance woes' as well as 'what about my grass...I'll have to re-turf'. I suspect this will be a long term project...stay tuned. 

J xx

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Joyd, summer's of swimming....It is FUN!! In terms of maintenance, the pools these days almost look after themselves, that is after throwing copious amounts of cash to get the thing in! We need to 're-surface' our pool at some point,eeek! to which I am still getting the obligatory response of 'Fill the damn thing in!' Not on your Nelly!

    ReplyDelete