Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HNY Peeps

Happy New Year. This is that time of year when grand statements are made and resolutions abound. I'm not usually a resolutions kinda gal but this year I decided that I'd get on board. I've given this a whole lot of thought and this is what I came up with...

I resolve to keep it simple.
I resolve to make time to be creative.
I resolve to chose kindness and be patient.
I also resolve to resist the unnecessary.

I've been thinking a lot lately about 'stuff' and how having too much of it can weigh you down. This year I plan to think carefully about what I bring into my home.  I'm not about to get all minimalist or anything but I just don't want to clutter our home (and lives) with unnecessary 'stuff'.


I also plan to launch a new look Whoa Nelly! site this year (complete with store).  Now that I've put it on the "interweb" I guess I have to follow through, right?? I plan to continue my love affair with Instagram and design blogs and I want to do Shannon Fricke's Styling Workshop in Byron. Lots to look forward to in 2013.

And in other super duper amazeballs news my youngest sister is expecting twins!!!! I've been put in charge of the baby shower and decorating the nursery. Could I be more excited? No I could not. We don't know the sex of the babies yet but I'm thinking a danish feel for their room. No Thomas the Tank or Daggy Dora for those chic babies. Will keep you posted on the design concept as it progresses. Congratulations Chris and Erin...you will make fantastic parents.

Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment