Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hair Brained Schemes

Those who know me know that I love a Hair Brained Scheme...the more offbeat and ridiculous the better.  Thankfully my hubby is almost always on board (or at least not opposed) to me and my wild ideas.  This morning he drove me from Brisbane to the Gold Coast in the pouring rain to pick up an eBay vintage treasure (would love to show you but its a gift for a friend...think Betty Draper!!) then he turned around and went all the way to Ipswich so I could pick up a few items I'm going to be selling online.  There we were, like a happy bunch of hillbillies, touring the countryside on a raining Sunday picking up treasure for Mummy to sell for minimum profit but maximum 'kick'. That's one of my favourite things about the little family we made...they're up for anything.

So, being that this little blog is about decor, design and housey stuff (and not about my hillbilly tendencies and Sunday ramblings) I present to you....Wallpaper for the toilet!


It's Round and Round the Garden by Anna Spiro (for Porters Paints).
I've been looking for other papers to use but I come back to this lovely every time.
Will see how it goes in the smallest room of the house and might talk the other inhabitants into hanging it down the hallway teamed with some huge white skirting boards like we used on the window seat.


And since I'm in a sharing mood, whilst killing time until The Block room reveal, I thought I'd pack this post with a drool-worthy visual feast of things that I'm loving sick at the mo.

Like this...


Found this image on the Click-on Furniture Facebook Page where folks send in pics from home.
This house has a similar look and vibe to my own. What I'm loving most is the striped awning.  This is the EXCACT one I'm getting for our deck.  I've looked at all manner of options for roofing this space but all the permanent options take away the flexibility of soaking up the Winter sun and my ability to adjust the light in the master bedroom.  It's on the list.  It's after wallpaper and pool but potentially around the same time as French Doors. 


I love everything about this vintage nursery.
Not a Thomas or Dora in sight (hallelujah).


This pink sofa from Ikea.
I figure there are that many dudes in this house we could pull it off. 


And this cake plate, for cake, that says cake!

Ok, I'm off to see what the All Stars have pulled off for kitchen week.  When I saw that big hunk of marble go into Josh & Jenna's place my heart skipped at least 7 beats. Even though they are coming off as brats this season I'm most excited to see what they present tonight. 

Til next post...keepin' it Gluten Free!










No comments:

Post a Comment