Saturday, November 30, 2013

The latest.

Hiya!  I'm awarding myself the title of Laziest Blogger for 2013.  I've been so caught up with selling the house and obsessing over the decorating scheme for the new house that the ole blog has been at the very bottom of the list.  I've also developed a weird new obsession with Jamie Oliver's 15 minutes Meals (the tv series).  I've started watching it saying things like 'I could so do that' and 'we need to make some of those' and today I even committed to buying a bottle of black bean sauce to make homemade burgers!!!  In my defence I also have a job and a 2 year old that wakes with the birds so my life isn't all furniture shopping and tv!

So, we move in 2 weeks.  We finally have a SOLD sign out the front and we're down to the basics inside.  We ended up with multiple offers on our house and great feedback on our decor and presentation. This whole process hasn't been without drama and to cut a very long and stressful story short we accepted an offer from a buyer but ended up having to terminate their Contract.  I've never been so physically affected by stress in my life.  Hives, chest pain, no sleep...I swear I have aged 10 years in the last 30 days.  Anyway, the bit that matters is that we have a new buyer who gets to live here and call this place home in 2 weeks time.  I hope he loves it. I suspect he will.

So...now for the pretty pictures bit.  


I got this coffee table for the Formal Lounge in the new digs.

And this chevron rug in grey...

And 2 of these simple Studio Sofa's from Freedom.



In keeping with the simple understated look I'm going for in the new house I got this framed vintage travel poster from OzDesign. I love it.



And I'm dead keen on this Formosa Lamp from OzDesign....Santa???

The new house is a late 1930's with a new extension at the back.  In the original part of the house the plaster work is to die for and the colour scheme is black, white and grey so I plan to build on that and add pops of colour (see above mentioned lamp). 

So many exciting things to look forward to and blog about.  

Jxx



No comments:

Post a Comment