Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm back...baby!

A fab holiday was had by all.  We stayed on the 36th floor of a huge apartment block overlooking the beach at Surfers Paradise. It was beautiful, we even had picture perfect weather (unseasonal for Easter). Our apartment was 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and contained a living and dining room as big as my entire house with a balcony to match. It captured the view perfectly....and I couldn't stand it. The decor was Horrendous (note the capital H). I mean, so badly furnished you would be forgiven for forgetting you were at a beachside getaway and thinking you were in the waiting room at the Dermatologists Office about to get a mole lopped off. I'm talking fake marble furniture, fake flowers, "pleather" (plastic dressed as leather) couch in royal blue against a bright yellow feature wall. A lot of office style patterned tub chairs etc etc. And did I mention the floor to ceiling mirrors located at every turn? I had a baby 6 months ago, I spent a good amount of the holiday in swimwear...I don't need to see myself from that many angles.

So, in an attempt to rid my mind of such bothersome imagery I'll share a couple of beachy shots. The view really was something else.



The location really was spectacular. 

Since returning home it has been 'action stations' getting the back yard and garden prepared for a very special event. We are celebrating our new baby boy's Christening on Sunday. Our little miracle has bestowed so much love and joy on our family. He has incredible timing and we love him.

Have a great weekend.
J

PS: To the owners of 36H, I hope you don't mind the new placement of your lounge room furnishings but we felt it had better 'flow' and less 'conference room' after we tweaked it a little. Thank you and see you again next Easter.

2 comments:

  1. I would say the owners of that apartment could do with any advice or re arranging of furniture that can get!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I'd love to be the gal to help out with that one :-)

    ReplyDelete