Saturday, May 11, 2013

Love on Yuletide

The thing about writing a blog is that it's a journal that everyone who has internet access can read.  I put my own brand of ridiculousness out there then look back and realise I need to be held accountable for some of my more serious 'crimes against sanity'.  Take for example my New Years post...I came away all inspired about living simply and resisting the unnecessary and at a quick glance I realise I have purchased no less than 21 new scatter cushions since January!! 21!! Perhaps 'unnecessary' is an interpretive term...anyone prepared to buy that? No? Guilty as charged I'm a lover of stuff.

So it seems that I have fallen in love this week. It's a love of a deep 'can't stop thinking about you' kind. Every minute has been consumed with thoughts of her. The things we could do together. The memories we could make. She is a 1920's Queenslander in Yuletide Street.  She sits on a huge 911 squares and in her current state could only be described as 'ugly beautiful'. Be careful looking at these images...you may lose your heart and/or your mind.


Isn't she spectacular??


I get the feeling she was well loved.


Look at those internal french doors.


And if this were to become mine those floors would be staying.

I have decorated this beauty over and over in my mind and we only 'met' 48 hours ago. She isn't far from where we currently live and is situated in a pocket of divine character homes on large inner city blocks.  They are taking offers in the High $700k. I have always dreamt of a sprawling old home like this one. I'm not saying she's "the one" but she comes pretty damn close.  Let's hope my heart doesn't go to developers. 


And if the Real Estate planets aligned and she were to be ours the first thing I'd do would be to get a fab couch from Ruby Star Traders to go in the Entry Foyer.  I'd add a few hot pink and orange throw cushions (because clearly I don't have enough cushions) to offer a nice warm welcome.

We're off to another wedding today.  That's 2 in 2 weeks.  Too much fun!

Happy Weekend!

Joydee









No comments:

Post a Comment