Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pinetastic Birthday Book Bonanza

Morning! You know those 'windows of time' I have referred to in the past, well, I have one now so it's time to get my post on. Big week.  Went to an Ah-mazing wedding up at Noosa last weekend.  One of the best weddings ever. Helps when the Bride is one of those fabulous creatures that wouldn't look out of place atop her own cake!  Congrats Fi and Dave.

In other newsworthy information I managed to turn 36 this week without too much trauma.  There were gifts, cake, birthday cards, brownies, books, catch ups, coffee dates and dinners.  Its been a great week and a reminder that I'm lucky to be surrounded by so many great people. I really do have the best friends in the bizz.

Oh, and as for my Top 5 birthday bits list from last post....2 from 5.  Not bad!  I got the Kate Spade book and the pretty piney from 'Miss Jones'. It was a book bonanza of a week.  So many great design books to read and be inspired by... now just to get a few of those 'windows' to read them!



Anyone remember that awesome patchwork chair I got from Far Pavilions last year?  I waited 5 months for it to arrive and it lasted exactly that long. 5 months before it started to come apart at the seams. I get it, I feel like that myself at times but it had to go back for a refund.  I couldn't risk a replacement, this isn't the kind of house where fragile fits in.  So I went in a different direction and replaced it with this...

The Astrid chair in Lemongrass from Freedom.

I also got these Stockholm nesting tables.

And the Remix cushion...and because Freedom had a sale on I still had $130 left over from the purchase of the original chair.

In all fairness though Far Pavs customer service was excellent and never once questioned my need for a refund.  Why is it that I'm often surprised by good service? Did I just turn into an old person who expects people in customer service roles to be helpful? Well, I am 36 I suppose.

Now, who else is totes in lurve with Bruno Mars? Hip Latino can sing! Click the link and enjoy a bit of swag from the man himself. 




Please excuse the 'rude word' at the start!

Happy Week Ahead xx




No comments:

Post a Comment