Saturday, July 27, 2013

Palm Springs

It's my fave place on the planet so far.  It's relaxation and coolness personified. I woke up thinking about The States this morning...the fact that Andrew was listening to the LA traffic report most likely had something to do with it. He has also been randomly emailing holidays snaps to me at work all week. I think this family is way overdue for a great holiday to the old U.S of A.

In the meantime let's take a slow Saturday morning to celebrate Palm Springs and all it's mid century old school hollywood glam for a moment. Because I can't find the right words to describe that feeling of desert heat mixed with perfect architecture, gardens, Country Clubs and people who play tennis and lunch...I'll give you a visual feast to set the tone.


The fire pit at The Parker.




Pale pink perfection.



The mountains really are that close you feel like you can touch them.



Maybe I could get myself a couple of butterfly chairs for out by the pool. Bit of Palm Springs at home?

We're off to do the grocery shopping and other non glam activities this morning. No fire pits or cocktails for us...maybe later!

J xx



1 comment:

  1. Hmm... that front garden, not much scope for buffalo grass there! :)
    I think the question would be if you'd book the shipping (I mistyped and wrote "shopping" first, ha!) container before you go or not. You'd need the space for the bits and pieces you'd collect, no?
    Or maybe you should just go for a 6-month sabbatical or something. :)

    ReplyDelete