Saturday, October 6, 2012

Byron Bay Bliss

We're back from our few days away at Byron Bay and it was glorious. The weather was magic, the Farm Stay was gorgeous and all that sun, sand, shopping and walking was just what the Doctor ordered.

The farm where we stayed was on the same road as Shannon Fricke's "amazeballs" (I stole that from Giuliana Rancic) farm house that is coincidently featured on the cover of this months Real Living mag. Its a wonder I didn't sustain a neck injury trying to peer over the fence every time we drove past. Just beautiful. I plan to do one of Shannon's styling workshops next year.

So, without further ado (I know, lame turn of phrase but it's hot and I no longer have access to the beach)... here are a few holiday snaps.








The beach (and my beautiful boys enjoying the sun and sand).
I have a couple of little beach bums on my hands.

And no trip to Byron Bay is complete without some shopping/treasure hunting in Bangalow.
I came home empty handed but loved combing the shops imagining where all that loot would go back at my house. Bangalow is beautiful and there are some fantastic pieces to be found but unfortunately its rarely at bargain basement prices.





A visit to Heaths Old Wares is a MUST!



It was only a few days but it was really relaxing. I'm choosing to gloss over the fact that Sonny was on 'farm time' and was bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4.30am (after several wake up calls during the night)....I thought all that fresh air and good old fashioned fun was supposed to make children plumb tuckered out. Not so.

Well Folks, the time has come. 13 months at home and I have to return to my day job...on Monday. I'm excited and nervous and not ready for the next chapter but looking forward to finding a new balance. I truly have mixed feelings about it all. I'll keep you posted.

J xx

PS: My little man started walking today. You know those crazy, wobbly, legs and feet everywhere kinda steps that have you diving all over the place in an effort to minimise the head injuries before he gets a handle on his latest skill. Oh, stop growing up so fast...both of you!!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I soooo want that index card cupboard (on the left) in the last photo. I also like all those crates in the second last photo.

    I also love the photos of your super cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, Lesley...Heath's has so many great things. I had to resist bringing home a bright yellow timber clothes airer. Firstly, I didn't really need it and secondly, I didn't think the boys would appreciate it being wedged between them on the trip home!

      Hope you're well!!

      Delete
  2. This is a very good post. I am so glad that I came across this one.
    luxury villas byron bay

    ReplyDelete