Monday, October 29, 2012

I got Schooled

That's right!  I went to the The School's Styling Masterclass on Saturday.  Megan Morton was as fabulous, engaging and funny as she is talented and a creative genius. I lapped up every moment of being in such beautiful surroundings, for those that don't know the class was held at Black & Spiro in New Farm, and enjoyed the company of interesting and creative people.  I gotta say, it was also a bit of a Fashion Mecca. Note to self: I need more neon in my Spring wardrobe.

We learnt about what a Stylist is, how to think like one.  We got technical pointers and heard about the difference between home styling and styling for photo shoots. It was information overload. The biggest thing I walked away with was confidence.  I now have the confidence to say 'I can do this, I can take this life long obsession I have had with beautiful things and make it something'. So...stay tuned. More to come from Whoa Nelly! and my world of vintage, beauty, bowerbird'ness' and styling.

So, it's off to my 'real' job today filled with inspiration and creativity.  My mind is full of ideas and I'm excited about where my renewed excitement might take me.

And being that tis whole blog scene is all about the visual...enjoy!

 The school is based in Sydney and this weekend was a roadshow of fantastic classes.
Megan assures us that they will be back...and next time they will offer the kids classes as well.
You can find out more here.


Megan's new book.
Unfortunately after the book launch this week and a courier who couldn't park (or something crazy) there were no copies of the book available to purchase at the class so I will eagerly wait by my mailbox until inspiration arrives in paper form.
This is she!


Ahhh.

It's Monday morning and I don't usually blog before breakfast but this one I had to share.  I also didn't get to write a post over the weekend because not being home all day Saturday puts an end to the day on Sunday...that and a teething/cranky/snot machine that is my one year old.

Oh, and I did manage to squeeze in a lightening fast trip to WAC where I picked up an old railway sign for the bathroom.  Pics to come once it is on the wall.  Crazy in love with it. Crazy!!

Have a great week.

J xx






No comments:

Post a Comment