Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ode to Anthro

It's no secret that Anthropologie is my favourite store...ever...in the history of cool places to buy stuff. I love it. And even though it's a 'chain' store each individual shop is fitted out with its own look but in the signature Anthropologie style.  Each time we go to America I bring as much "Anthro" gear home as I can stuff into my luggage i.e handbags, coffee mugs, candles etc but the furniture is what really does it for me.  I was perusing the website today and picked out a few pieces I intend to purchase to decorate our little bungalow in Santa Monica. Oh, I'm so silly, we don't have one of those. However, if I should receive an email indicating I'm actually Nigerian royalty and have millions of dollars awaiting my collection I shall be ready to pounce.

What I'm lovin'...

The Mathilde Sofa 


The Woodland Slumber Canopy bed 


Who wouldn't love a Chatsworth Ottoman
My cat would go gang busters over this!! 


And an Inge chair.

The only place in Oz that comes close to the Anthro furniture style is Ruby Star Traders. Maybe if my 'bungalow dreams' pan out closer to home I might have to get my shop on.

Well, I returned to work. And it is weird. New desk, new team, new floor, totally new role and NO baby. Its a lot of change and a lot to get used to. I'm the lady that throws herself through the doors at 9.29am after having been up since 5am, dropped one boy at daycare, cries all the way to drop the other boy at Big School then sprints to the car, drives home like a crazy person, runs to the bus stop, takes 2 short buses to work, runs into the building, can never find her ID tag (the kindly security guard takes pity on her), then plonks down at her desk hoping she still looks like she showered and did her hair 3 hours earlier.  On the upside I've thoroughly enjoyed wearing cute dresses and lady shoes this week. Apparently I'll know what I'm doing in no time and the new routine will become...routine.  I hope so. I really really hope so.


GO ME!






3 comments:

  1. Go you, indeed. You deserve a medal...and some free therapy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs B. I'd settle for some tea and cake!!! xx

    ReplyDelete