Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Decor for Monkeys

This morning I find myself looking for inspiration for a little girls room. I am godmother to the sweetest, cutest most squeezable little girl and after her parents purchased a new home her Mummy and I have been talking 'girly bedroom decor'. Anyway, I have been pouring over picture after picture and coming up empty handed. I'm not a fan of the predictable girl decor i.e. pink, butterflies & cupcakes etc. However, what I did find were some fantastic pics for boys rooms!!! I can't help it, I live in Man Land, I'm programmed to seek out all things blue.

Prepare to be inspired...

 
Love the floors


Red, White & Blue...


Ahhh stripes...


This room belonged to Anna Spiro's son (hence the awesomeness). I love the light fitting.


And who doesn't love a quilt??

So...a girls room. Back to the Drawing Board I guess.

P.S. I have a friend with 2 girls and they have bedrooms to die for. I'll have to ask my friend if I can post some pics. In fact, her entire house is what my dreams are made of. I could move into her kitchen (complete with Butlers Pantry) and happily live there forever. But thats a post for another time.

J



1 comment:

  1. I don't know the mum of the son you mentioned, but I do like ("dig" in Joyd speak) the strong colours and stripes.

    ReplyDelete