Friday, August 10, 2012

Art. Good Art.

I love art. Good Art. Interesting Art. I love to adorn my home with interesting and quirky pieces that give me enjoyment and make my home personal. I also like the unconventional (no surprises there). We barely have a square inch of space left for me to hang any more 'stuff' but I always find myself drawn to various new and interesting pieces. I do have a spot left in my bathroom begging for just the right piece though. 2 years on and I'm still looking for it. I've seen loads of things that would do. But just 'doing' isn't enough.

I wanted to share a website (an Australian one) that sells great art at great prices. Penny Farthing Design House ...I often find myself drooling over their site wishing for bigger walls and more space.

Some of my fave Penny Farthing finds at the mo...

How much fun is this big guy?? 

This one is a screen print. Delish!


This gem is one of my all time favourite pieces in my home. It currently hangs in my kitchen for maximum enjoyment. Its an original painting done by my friend Sally. She is a very talented artist and does beautiful work. Whenever she comes to visit she lists all the things she says are wrong with this painting. I think its just perfect. I still remember the day it arrived in the post all the way from London. A special gift from a special friend. 


And I always find good art even better en mass!!

Oh, and whilst I'm on the subject of good art and the likes. Let me introduce you to the very talented Ann Carrington. She is from the UK and I fell in love with her work when I fell in love with Bob & Cortney Novogratz from Sixx Design in New York (but that's a whole other post).

Check it.
Anne uses safety pins and shells and blue jeans and basketballs and all many of things to create her one of a kind art. Her work is stunning. Its fun and unpredictable and doesn't take itself too seriously. I think there is something in that for all of us? Don't you?! 

My apologies for the lack of mid-week posts. I'm in somewhat of a 'funk' this week. Let's hope this miserable cold and windy weather disappears soon. Nothing a big dose of California wouldn't fix. Ho Hum.

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment