Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'm all out

It seems my 'blockage' continues. Normally I am brimming with blog ideas and have words to spare but this week creativity seems to allude me. Perhaps my mind is starting the shift back to my 'real' job, which I am due to recommence in 6 short weeks. I can't complain....I have had over a year to spend at home with my crazy crew. I'm hoping the balance between the corporate life and home and school and daycare and sport and my blog and battling public transport and...where was I going with this again?

Thankfully the building where I work is new and kinda groovy. There is lots of mid century inspired furniture and shared interactive spaces. When I get back into the groove I'll share some pictures. I am actually going back to a new role. I'm so lucky to work for an organisation that not only is improving the lives of people the world over but they are forward thinking and flexible and all the things that a Mum needs in a work place. I actually got a promotion of sorts while I've been away and I'm going back to a new role. New team. New desk. 2 floors up...window seat! I'll have to shout myself some fun desk treasure to take back with me. Some cute frames for pics of the rascals and some holiday snaps. A couple of fancy tea cups etc. Hmm...maybe a trip to Typo is in order. Like I need an excuse.

Here are a few office pics that I love. One day when I have that huge old rambling Queenslander I'll have a room dedicated to creativity. A desk, my sewing machine, a big comfy chair for reading and all my books and magazines all in one place.

Hey...look at that!? It seems my blockage may have cleared!! That feels much better.

Image via Click On Furniture


Image via White and Wood


Image via Just B


Image via Pottery Barn

Oh, and in my search for Vintage Work Space inspiration I got side tracked by this picture of a pineapple! (and I wonder why when I ask my 5 year old to go put his shoes on he can be found 15 mins later hanging upside down on the towel rails in the bathroom...with no shoes on!).  


I'd love to see this framed. I totally dig it.


Well. It seems my words are back. Phew! I was getting a little nervy. Until next post....Shine on you crazy diamonds. xx

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post, Joyd. It'll be good to have you back, even though you've been upgraded. About the "window seat" thing. You already had one. Some one us still spend the day not knowing what the weather is like. :p
    It'll be good to see your take on the common area furniture. The Vitamin C tablets, the bum crack chairs, etc.

    ReplyDelete