Sunday, August 5, 2012

Snakes, snails and puppy dog tails...

That's what little boys are made of.  Mine especially! I'm always on the look out for fun decor items for my boys bedrooms. I never really did a 'nursery' theme with our baby boys room because I wanted to future proof his space. I've found a few little pieces online recently in my hunt for first birthday gifts.  Here are some of my fave finds...

Image via Boys Germs

I found this great light box featured on the Boys Germs page on Facebook.
I doubt it is an actual vintage piece but its very cute all the same.

Image via Ladedah Kids

This little knitted fox melts my heart. He is from La De Dah Kids 
I love knitted toys and I especially love the fox motif at the mo.


Image via Etsy

I also love this little fox cushion I found on Etsy.
If you love the 'woodland' look Etsy has some talented folks who make mobiles, cushions and softies in this theme. I'd be tempted to relocate this little guy to my own bed.

Image via Etsy

And this treasure is a definite. It's from the Miss Beckinsale store on Etsy. She has a number of types of tram cushions and I love them all. So quirky.
One of these would be a great gift for any ex-pat friends living overseas. Ideal for kids and grown ups!

Image via Hip Kids

And this is the top of my list for 1st birthday loot.
Its a vintage inspired ride-on car. Its made of metal and retails for $99.
I can see both my boys enjoying this. And if I'm going to be tripping over something it may as well be something I deem cool. You won't find any Wiggles, Dora the (patronising) Explorer or any other associated rubbish in this house. No Siree.  

Hope you're all enjoying the last of the weekend. We've been enjoying some fun family and friends time this weekend...all whilst keeping up with all the happenings at the BlogHer conference in New York. If you don't already read it (seriously, who doesn't) The House that A-M Built is in New York (with a side trip to the Hamptons!!!!!) and her blog posts and Instagram photos have been fantastic.

We're planning a trip to New York and the Hamptons for 2014. It will coincide with our 10 year anniversary as well as my husbands 40th. It will also mean our little baby will be almost 3 and better to do long haul travel with. Our eldest Son flew to San Francisco when he was 3 and didn't skip a beat. Kid is a seasoned campaigner now. Let's hope Number 2 is a wandering soul like the rest of us...guess he doesn't have a choice really.

Until my mid-week post!

J xx  


No comments:

Post a Comment