Monday, September 10, 2012

Bayside vignettes

I had the most glorious Sunday. It was spent helping style a friend's house. We went shopping through the week for a few decorator bits and we spent the day moving trays, stacking books, moving frames, making lists, stacking more books etc etc. Sad really, but its the stuff my dreams are made of. I don't think my friend, hereon referred to as Mrs C, realised how much good treasure she already had around her house.

Here are a few shots of our handiwork.


 So happy with how the hall table turned out.
We are debating possibly painting the candle sticks in a bright turquoise.
Loving the ikat votives (marked down to $3.50 each at Bed, Bath & Table). 


 I wish we had captured the huge french clock on the wall above this tallboy.
Its delish!



And this fab piece of furniture is an old coffee table we repurposed. It was languishing out on one of the balconies and is beautifully weathered as a result. Yes, I said balconies. Plural! 
The C Family have several to choose from including one that we have added to our 'To Decorate within an inch of itself' list.  
*sigh*

My heart fluttered a little this morning when I got a text from Mrs C saying she was really happy when she came downstairs this morning to her 'new' lounge room. Hold onto your hats...we still have some styling in the kitchen, an art wall in the dining and the finishing touches to the playroom to go. So. Much. Fun!  

There is also a little excitement at Casa de Frizz to report. My husband built a window seat in the dining room. I know! Crazy awesome! So exciting in fact that the whole project warrants its own post (pending). Tomorrow I'm off to Black & Spiro in New Farm to source some fabric for the cushion. Its almost too much excitement. I'm praying to the Gods of Soft Furnishings that there is a blue and white love heart cushion in stock because I have wanted one of those since like forever!


I've been trolling the net looking for beautiful fabrics for my window seat.
I'm in love with this Amy Butler fabric. I can imagine it with grey box piping.

I hope something really stands out and 'grabs' me tomorrow. There are so many great options.
I just can't decide.

So...window seat post pending. And thanks to the C Family...shine on you crazy diamonds!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment