Monday, July 9, 2012

Come on...join in. All together now!

Good morning...just whipping up a quick post before school this morning. What started as a slow (and wet) school holidays ended up being a great break spent around home. My big Son spent his days scootering and riding his skateboard whilst our baby finally starting sleeping through. Hip hop hooray.

So, I have an ulterior motive this morning. A favour if you will. If you are reading this blog can you please Join my Site and become a Follower??  Simply scroll down and on the right hand side you will see a blue Google button that says 'Joint this Site'. Follow the prompts and set up a profile (including a pic) and away we go. I'm always surprised when people tell me that they read my blog. I forget my ramblings are available for all and sundry but I really am loving it.

Thanks again everyone for your support and feedback. Especially the person in Russia who is reading my blog! Ok, they may have stumbled across me one time but when I check my stats and Russia appears in My Audience it pleases me no end.

In return for your 'Followship' I will reward you with beautiful images and tales of adventure (read: stuff that happens around the house or between my house and school). Like so...


I do love a photo/art wall.
I also love white interiors (decor for the non-pet, non-child households out there)


This display has great symmetry.
I also love the horizontal VJ panelling on the walls. 

I'd love to be writing my post from here...
Instead I am sitting between the 2 boys at the kitchen table. One is rubbing toast on his head and the other hasn't stopped talking since he woke.
Crazy little awesome men. I'm nuts about them. Nuts I tell you!!!

Happy Monday.

Jxx

PS: I'd like to think that something good can almost always come out of something not so good. And something not so good happened last week. It was an issue that involved my eldest son and I reacted in a way that was probably perceived as over the top...but in a way that ONLY a Mother would understand. If you feel your child/ren are under threat you react with an overwhelming intention to protect them and not have them treated unjustly. On reflection I think some good has come out of this. I feel like it shocked me into realising that I can't completely control the way my kids behave all the time....and nor do I want too. I want them to be just how they are. I also want to let them be children who are curious and inquisitive and explore their world under the guidance of people who love them. Being a parent is the hardest job in the world and there is no right way to do things. I'm learning to be a part of this family as much as my boys are. I felt like I was letting how other people saw my children and their behaviour rule how I parented them in that particular situation...instead of doing it my way. Well, its my way from now on. The way that works for us. I have fun, active and curious children and if other folks interpret that differently I don't really care. I feel like I have found my 'Mother Courage' and I'm going to hang onto it with both hands.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm already following your site. I hope so anyway. About random visitors from random countries, be careful that things haven't changed in your blog, it could be hackers. (Sorry to sound dramatic). On the other hand, fantastic P.S.! Well said. I never thought you'd be any different! :)

    ReplyDelete