Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shopped then dropped

It's been a fantastic, fun and very social week around these parts. We've been shopping and lunching and off to Mum's Group and all sorts. In my travels I've collected a few little treasures I have to share.


I got a hat!
A boho-tastic hat.

I also got this great armchair from the sales at Far Pavillions.
Isn't it great? The fabric is patchwork velvet.
Its the kind of chair my hippie dreams are made of.

This pic off the 'Fav Pavs' website doesn't do the chair justice. I only got the chair, I figured the ottoman was a bit much. I can't wait to take some photos when she moves in. Alas, as with so many furniture shops, there is no stock in the country/on the planet yadda yadda so my chair won't arrive until October. Patience isn't my strongest virtue but this little treasure shall be worth the wait. It will start the 'rescue my lounge from Brown Town' issue I've been needing to address for some time now. Yep, boring brown lounge, brown coffee table, brown shelves and a brown TV unit. Oh, little velvet armchair, you'll be all the inspiration I need. I look forward to getting to know you over cups of tea and Country Style Magazine.

Although the thought of a new chair excites me no end the reality that we're all getting sick again can't be avoided. Sore ears, sore throats, coughs....honestly, I'll be glad to see the back of Winter and all this rainy weather. This family needs a big dose of sunshine.

Here is a little 'pick me up' for the weekend...

Image via Flea Market Style Magazine

  Pictures of pears hung on clip boards.
Too quirky. I love it.

J xx

4 comments:

  1. Nice hat, Joyd! (Even if I don't know what "boho" means). October? Really? Maybe you should start investigating how you can fix that situation for you and others that want chair like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chairs are imported Luis so there isn;t anything I can do but wait. I think of it as my Return to Work gift.

      Delete
  2. Hi, there...I love your blog...its so alive and colourful. I was wondering if you could let me know where you bought that hippy arm chair and matching puff from? I would really like to add something like that in my household.

    Thanks and keep on writing!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte. Thanks for the lovely feedback. I get so excited when I hear from folks who read my blog. Sometimes I forget that I'm not just blogging to myself :-). I got my arm chair from Far Pavilions. I got mine from the Mt Gravatt store but you can order online. I am desperately hoping it arrives before the October timeline they gave me for delivery. I keep staring at the empty space where it will go!! The chair retails for around $829 but I got it on sale for $569...not sure when the sale ends though so you might have to be quick.

      Thanks again
      Joydee

      Delete