Wednesday, July 18, 2012

There is no denying it!

I have made a self discovery. A big one. I'm a hippie just like my Mum. I mean, the signs were all there,  I grew up in an arty house where things were made by hand and there wasn't a whole heap of convention. Well, let me tell you that as a teenager it was mortifying to be manning the pottery stall at the local craft market with your family. Or spending your weekends at your Mum's art studio where some 'crazy person from who knows where' is running a workshop on moulding clay nudes. Yep! We had a neck to knee sculpture of big fat nude lady in our house during my teenage years. Many a time I wanted to throw a towel over her when school friends came to visit let me tell you.

Its funny how things change because without realising it I love to make things. I adore markets. I have a garden full of my Mum's sculptures and I consciously steer my boys away from convention at every turn. I love to travel just like my folks. I love all things vintage and find myself inexplicably drawn to paisley.

My realisation came this morning when I was putting together a few of my favourite images to share. They kind of have a theme...can you pick it?


Totally in love with this Boho bedding.


Sorry for the small image but I couldn't make it any bigger.
Its all about the birds for me.

Now, I'm no fashionista but I need this bangle...


and this dress or I might just die.

See! No denying it. My roots are firmly planted in boho territory. 

I suspect my friends may laugh at this post. 
I also suspect self awareness is not always my strong point.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE BEDDING TOO!!!! I love the bright colours. And yes I can see you in that dress. Love it Love it Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, there's that word again... "boho". (Yes, I'm reading from newest to oldest, sorry). If these are images of what it is. I like it too. I like colour. That's what we've been aiming to have in our house, especially with having the walls reasonably constant, but accessorising with lots of nice colours.

    ReplyDelete